What if I need help?

We are genuinely pleased that you’ve found this page, and we would love to help you if we can.

Before we can help you, we would like someone who knows you – such as Health Visitor, Midwife, Social Worker, Tenancy Support Worker or someone who works for Sheffield Citizens Advice to make a request on your behalf. This is called a referral – and it helps us ensure that your situation is genuine.

The best way to find out which person/organisation to talk to is to think about what is causing the food crisis. If, for example, your benefits have been suspended due to a change in circumstances, then an advice centre is a good place to start. If you have a long-term medical problem, then talk to your GP, Practice Nurse or Support Worker and see if they feel able to make a request on your behalf.

If you’re not sure where to start, do give us a call. We don’t bite, and we will try and get you connected with a relevant organisation that should be able to provide you with ongoing help and advice – which might mean they make a referral back to us for food if that is appropriate.

If you need help from an Advice Centre, you can find out more by clicking here.